CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

" We believe in being honest, true, chaste,benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things. "

Friday, September 12, 2008

attitude

"If you chance to meet a frown... do not let it stay..."

Our church's old nursery song teaches us that we can control our attitude.

I have a hard time going from grumpy Momzilla back to my regular self, but believing that I have control over my attitude is the first step. As Momzilla, my relationship with my family members suffers. I find myself yelling out commands left and right.

"Get that towel." "Come downstairs." "Leave me alone."

This negative attitude is usually contagious. Which is why we say:

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Consequently, the reverse is true as well. Taking steps to see the good in myself, my family and my situation leads me back to my regular self. Want a list of simple ways to get rid of Momzilla?

  • go for a walk. It increases oxygen to the brain and settles the mind.
  • write down things you are grateful for. From the simple to the grand, you probably have a lot of things going right in your life.
  • sing your favorite song. Church hymns can bring a great spirit into your day. If you don't sing well, hearing yourself will give you something to laugh at.
  • focus on someone else. There are so many people in our lives that need our help. By simply putting our worries aside and doing good, we will feel better.

I know that this is not a cure-all for everyone, but it sure is a place to start when you are just having one of those days.

0 comments: